Monday, December 12, 2011

Google

Google is the search engine I use the most, but it wasn't until this class that I found all that it can do.  I'm sure I haven't realized everything yet but this is a good starting point for more explorations.  I looked at Piknik, the photo editing program.  It is nice that it is a free program with no need to register.  It is also helpful that they offer a program with more bells and whistles for those people who would like to register.  I liked what I could do with Piknik so far.  I just edited a couple of photos I had on my computer.  I could see this being an excellent resource when making library posters.

The other thing I like about Google is the logo.  I know it sounds silly but I really enjoy when a holiday or person's birthday is celebrated.  Mark Twain's birthday this year was wonderful...and I also really enjoyed the Sesame Street logos from last year's 40th anniversary week.

No comments:

Post a Comment