Saturday, November 26, 2011
Ummm...
I admit it. I'm not ready to join the social networking audience. I do not enjoy discussions in a classroom situation or discussions for online classes. They are torture. I understand the relevance; I understand the importance but they do not work for me. The social networking sites give me the same impression although to be fair I haven't tried any. The only one of the three that I would consider is WebJunction and even for that one I'm not ready. I can understand the usefulness to a point for a librarian to be on facebook to post library programs etc. but frankly, a colleage I work with spends a good part of the day on Facebook and blogs and I think sometimes forgets about the real life aspects of the job...like real live shelving and real live patrons. I don't think social networking should be such a large part of the job at the library where I work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment