Sunday, November 27, 2011
Wiki = Collaborative Website
I visited a few of the different wikis that were listed. GRPLpedia was an interesting Wiki, containing information for community members. I looked at their Adult Education offerings which included books that were at the library, community resources, and helpful phone numbers. The site was up to date and easy to follow. Then I went to Music Wiki and had absolutely no luck. I got into the site but was unable to navigate any farther than the second screen. Frustrating! Lastly, I looked at Wiki How. I liked this site. It answered all three of my kind of random questions...How do I make chicken noodle soup? How do I fold an origami Yoda? (I just finished the book and was looking to see if there were multiple ways of folding other than the book reference) and How do I change the headlight in my jeep? The answers were varied because there was a number of hits for each one. I'm not sure why this would be better than doing a simple google search; it seems to me I would come up with the same kind of information in the same amount of time. Maybe because Wikis are easy to edit, the information would be more up to date. The site that was written by the library was an excellent source; all of the pertinant information was contained in one place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment